What do you want people to remember about Breaking Bad?
"I love that towards the end, Walt’s there to go on a suicide mission and blow everyone up, including Jesse, but he sees what they have put him through. His hair’s super long, he’s vacant. There is not a soul in him anymore, and [Walt] decides that he deserves a second chance, so he dives on him. He throws himself in front of a bullet for him — and it’s kind of beautiful." - Aaron Paul"At least there was some conclusion to their association. Their friendship did matter. And it was because of that history and friendship, that was the basis of his impulsivity. Because otherwise it would just be, ‘Jesus, look at that guy, that poor bastard.’ but I’m not going to risk my life for some stranger. There is more than familiarity. It’s deep-rooted. And it’s so true. Because sometimes you don’t know the depth of what you feel until you’re tested." - Bryan Cranston
1) Don’t fragment your thoughts too much in to too many tabs for too long. It may seem like all is well for a while and you may even be a little proud of yourself(and your computer), but eventually it will overwhelm you and you will slow down and slowly start to crash. Which leads to my next:
2) Just address tabs as you open them, if you are going to write your friend back don’t have their facebook tab open for a month “so you don’t forget” because at that point its just as well as forgetting it anyway. Don’t leave people you care about hanging and also don’t let chrome slowly start to deteriorate because you are too lame to take a few minutes out of
scanning-though-facebook-and-tumblr ”your busy schedule.”
3) Other sources may be quick to kill (things like your ideas, dreams and small animals, kidding about the latter) like chrome is to pages that seem to be inactive. BUT you have the deciding vote to hold off and ‘wait’ or to ‘kill the tab.’ Some should be dismissed but who knows, sometimes the page just needs a bit more time to load and its fine. Point is, you are in charge of your own decisions, don’t let a suggestion automatically become your choice. You think the way you do for a reason. :)
4) There is no saying how powerful each person is. There is a great song by Fiona Apple, called “Extraordinary Machine” in which she is in effect talking to her family and friends who are doubting her in what is seems to be a rough patch in her life. I leave it here because it makes me happy and might yield similar results with you.
In any case, some may argue Chrome is also an amazing piece of technology. My friend who I consider to be brilliant in computers told me it was the best. He said some say it never freezes, that it is the fastest, it is wonderful etc etc.
Well. I managed to break Chrome. It was pretty embarrassing after I was done feeling like I kind of achieved something. My videos stopped streaming on Chrome. And then the freezing started on the browser… and then Chrome got mad every time I came on Tumblr and froze my computer….. and I realized that even this wonderful way to the internet also needed certain components to work as wonderfully as my friend had raved about. I had abused Chrome. Stretched out the number of tabs I should have had open, went on sites like Tumblr/facebook/youtube/instructables/reddit that are really demanding on the browser and my computer and still expected it to work 100%. Chrome can’t do that, and I can’t expect myself to do that either. Even us extraordinary people, capable of a whole slew of things can only expect other people and ourselves to work within our abilities.Though it is important to stretch these abilities when possible and take challenges, it is also important to take note of your little signs, your initial visual cease of videos, such as falling asleep in a class you care about again, or signs of overstress.
5) Good things take time. Even the fastest connection will take time to download a great series. When in doubt go for a trusted link, (don’t wait twelve hours for a virus) but at the same time, I have found that it is so important to see when something is worth waiting for. It is so easy to bail on something when their are few short term rewards, perhaps you are being talked out of something you love or you are being lazy and in our current society where everything seems to be instant or irrelevant, this has become such a hard thing to evaluate.
I was talking to my sister about different TV series, namely Breaking Bad and she said she didn’t care if the end got ruined. I couldn’t understand. If anyone says anything that spoils movies or shows I like, I can’t help not liking them for a little while. I get mad! But no, I asked her how she figures this and her response was lovely. She told me that the story tellers had built this whole journey for these characters and it was the path that they take that fascinated her more so than the end. This way of thinking hadn’t occurred to me. And then words from a Frank Turner song resounded in my head: ”But if you are all about the destination then take a fcking flight.”
Basically what I am trying to say is somethings worth seeing and experiencing are worth waiting for. Don’t forget to enjoy where you are currently though, because no matter how it feels, it won’t be that way forever.
6) In the same sense, it is important to be able to evaluate what is a waste of time what is not. I have the most trouble with this. Is youtube just not loading because google is trying to swindle me into using my name/email again or because chrome is revolting against the 42 tabs I have open? Should I actually be watching this now anyway? I got to a point where I saw every little thing as a priority. This was dangerous for me. I have realized that when this happens, everything -together- has a tendency to go to shit. I have been asking myself what are the beginning, middle and end of the project going to look like. This has put a lot in prospective for me. Also, asking myself how certain habits are helping me because the best version of myself I could be. Does improving yourself make you a better person if no one is around to see it? Of course. If you have trouble with this too this might be better advice.
7) Chrome is something I could rely on. I can google in the url bar, when other browsers would complain, I could stretch it to its limits and have learned what it can and can not take and most of all, it catches it’s self when it crashes. Chrome even apologies. When you find something or someone you could rely on, don’t let them go or forget about them. I am not even talking romantically, despite what the media portrays, romantic relationships are not the most important type of relationship. Every person needs support. People have the best chance of doing something great when they have secure attachments, when there is someone they could confide in and trust and that cares back. Don’t waste your time on people that don’t respect you or care about you. As a human being, these are basic things you deserve. Even if you don’t think you do and if someone doesn’t respect your views, body or choices, (I am not talking about differences in opinion, finding out why people see things certain ways could be fascinating) I am not saying you should curse them out or anything violent, but recognize that they are acting this way and recognize that there are people out there who will treat you better. Find those people. Do things you love, stand up for what you believe in and you will find people who you love and will care about you too.
8) The internet is a portal to a lot of wonderful sites. It is amazing all of the places you could go while sitting somewhere. You could learn so much from a few simple clicks. You could also laugh, cry and complain. Remember that there are ways that are better to get places than others but any venture you take, there is a lot to discover in life. If you are happy, you may want to stay where you are comfortable but if you aren’t don’t sell yourself short of all the places you could go and all the things you could do, even this week. even today. Don’t let a glitch prohibit you from going where you want. Remember: You could always go incognito. ;)
i’m not even that invested in breaking bad and even i find this picture incredibly important
Why do people dislike my character on “Breaking Bad”?
THE ACTRESS EFFING WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT PEOPLE HATING SKYLAR WHITE FOR BEING MULTI-LAYERED AND BELIEVABLY UPSET AND PROTECTIVE OF HER KIDS AND TRYING TO DO THE BEST SHE CAN WHILE WALTER JUST SPIRALS INTO CRAZY VIA HIS EGO AND NEED FOR POWER.
ALSO, WHO IS GIVING ANNA GUNN HATE FOR PLAYING A CHARACTER ON TELEVISION.
"Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” wanted Skyler to be a woman with a backbone of steel who would stand up to whatever came her way, who wouldn’t just collapse in the corner or wring her hands in despair. He and the show’s writers made Skyler multilayered and, in her own way, morally compromised. But at the end of the day, she hasn’t been judged by the same set of standards as Walter."
"But I finally realized that most people’s hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender."
Anna Gunn drops some TRUTH BOMBS